I'm Hip, I'm Hip

It's almost comical now.

One of my buddy's asked me today if I was happy being an old man.

And I gotta' tell you, it sure feels that way somehow.

We need to backtrack to January, of course. I was just getting through the rehab on my knee. I was going to be able to golf, no doubt. The Apes were going to suffer as were the Baltimorons.

And bam. The guy hits me at the stop sign.

Evidently herniated discs take a while to heal. Going to therapy was pointing me in the right direction but I needed to be patient, I was told.

Perhaps golf in May.

We're over halfway through May. There will be no golf in May.

The epidural shot for the back will happen the first week of June.

"You need a driver," the doc told me.

I don't know if I'll be able to talk the driver into dropping me at a job site.

Yet, the doc also told me more.

"That pain in your groin is weird," he said. "Lie down a minute."

He pushed outward on my ankle. I screamed, he screamed and then we laughed.

"That's your hip," he said. "We need to get that worked on when the back is good."

Golf?

Can you say old man?

And most of all what I'm trying real hard to work on is keeping my sunny disposition.

You know, Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky.

Yet I watched the highlights of last weekends golf tourney. One of the players was hitting it out of the woods and onto the green.

This would have been my year!

I was all set up to shoot under 80.

Instead, I feel 80.

If you're keeping score at home:

The knee is better than the back but the back is better than the hip.

The worst part is:

I could still beat the crew from Baltimore.

(Had to write that after the O's win on Tuesday night).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep Dreaming!!!
How bout dem O's HUN!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie