With This Ring

Seems that Gov. Mark Sanford excluded the fidelity vow from his wedding, and his wife went along with it. I watched a few moments of her being interviewed on Barbara Walters and I couldn't get over the fact that she seemed to be shocked that he cheated on her, eventually throwing her aside for that Argentinian soul mate of his.

She probably should've seen it coming, no?

Then there's Cheetah Woods and his wife. Once more, not my matter, but can Elin Norweigan-Woods really take him back? 14 mistresses? How does that go down?

"Oh Cheetah, you left the toilet seat up."
"I'm sorry, Elin. I'll try better next time."
"This is the 14th time you've done it to me."
"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."
"By the way I've called you 14 times for dinner."
"I'm on my way. What're we having?"
"I cooked 14 chicken legs, peeled 14 potatoes, and made 14 ear of corn."

I'm just saying. Perhaps I don't know enough about forgiveness. Maybe she just has a bigger heart than me. I'm just saying that if someone had such a penchant for the poor behavior, I'd be a little skeptical every time they left the house.

"She's as big an idiot as he is," my mother-in-law said as she read the story about the Cheetah-Elin reconciliation.

Perhaps. Maybe there will be a 'forgive and forget' aspect to the relationship. I'm sure there are nearly a billion reasons why Elin needs it to work out.

The PR spin will be that Cheetah was sick, and he has changed, and that the kids need their daddy.

Good luck to the Woods and Sanford families.

I need to end this post - I'm 14 minutes late for helping around the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie