Hot & Dusty

Back about 18 years ago I worked with a project manager who taught me to always include the weather in my recap of the days events. This was during the summer months, and before long I was getting descriptive in my accounts. I used to always write something like, "Cloudy with a drizzle of rain," or my personal favorite, "Hot & Dusty."

The project manager used to laugh at some of the strange one's I'd come up with, but I thought of it again this week when a buddy texted from Philly to let me know how much snow was coming down.

"How's the weather there?" Gag asked.
"Hot and dusty," was the quick reply.

An my oh, my isn't this refreshing - people out there in computer land are whining and crying about all of the snow and the postponed school and the treacherous driving, and here in sunny Buffalo, we wait, and laugh, and laugh and laugh.

I probably shouldn't jinx it because we deserve our rep up here, but it is kind of funny to me. Whenever I travel people believe that it snows here 10 out of 12 months. Before long it tends to get on your nerves.

It's really only 8 out of 12 months!

Yet there is grass showing in some neighborhoods. It isn't really hot and dusty, but I bet it would feel that way to those goofy people who decided to take up residence in the snow belt of Philly, NYC, Delaware, D.C...hell, even the Carolina's.

I have one simple question for all of you.

Why the hell do you live there?

We're going to the beach this weekend.

Comments

As I shoveled snow for over four hours with my neighbors I kept telling them that they should be in Buffalo, that MD weather sucks, that a GD snowplow would be nice in this place, that my back ached, that I wanted to be home... oh, how I wish that I had gotten on a plane and flown up there and I'd be stranded in the "hot and dusty" with the kids instead of shoveling out four feet of snow...
Andrea Renee said…
You know, you guys always have a place to stay in sunny, warm Pasadena...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave