Hunter's Hope

In keeping with the bitter and sweet discussions...today is one of my favorite days of the year - the Hunter's Hope Day of Celebration at the Bills Fieldhouse. (1 to 4 PM)

First of all, how can you not love to participate something that has hope in the title? Hope is the one word we need to hold onto, no matter where we stand, and no matter how many times our hopes are dashed.

That's why we can start every year thinking...I hope the Sabres win the cup...I hope the Bills make the playoffs...hope makes the world go around - even when it is not based on anything tangible.

And there is nothing better than hope realized, right? I hope I get my check today becomes...I got my check today, weeeeeeee!

I hope the Yankees win the World Series becomes 'Welcome, the 27-time World Champion Yankees'.

And we always need something to look forward to.

What are we without hope in our hearts that someday we'll drink from God's Blessed waters? (Listen to the words!)

When you're talking about a life - particularly the life of a sick child - hope takes on a whole 'nother meaning.

Whenever I go to the Hunter's Day of Hope I look at the photos of Hunter Kelly. I listen to the music, sign a few books (I'm not doing that today), and fall on my face trying to run the obstacle course.

I think back to when my boy was sick, and how I hoped and hoped, and hoped.

I think of some of the sick children I've met while visiting Women & Children's Hospital, and how much hope their parents hold out in often horrifying situations.

And I think about hope.

Hope that we can taste the sweet with the bitter.

See you there? Come and get a little hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie