Challenges Ahead

All righty then. My last post was a bit of a downer, hey?

So, I did what I normally do when I reach the edge. I clean. I've done it after finishing every single book, and Kathy seems to enjoy this more than any other part of the writing process.

I jumped out of bed with my mind on doing the bathrooms. They weren't in too rough a shape, but I got right to work on it - cleaning both, even washing out the medicine cabinets. After that, I headed for a coffee, but while getting the milk noticed that I could clean the fridge. Did it.

Dusted the computer area, cleaned my television screen, vacuumed my room, and then down the stairs, one at a time. As long as the vacuum was downstairs, I did the room the dogs hang in, and just figured the hell with it, and did the rest of the house.

Then I got it stuck in my head that I needed to stuff a few peppers. I did the work, going to the grocery store in my pajama bottoms (the young, cute cashier asked me if I were giving up, and we both laughed), secured the necessary items, and then spent the afternoon cooking side-by-side with Kathy.

Nothing like a good meal and a clean house to lift you up, right?

Mental illness is something...

At dinner we spoke of Matthew and his driver's permit. Not sure how that one is going to work out. He keeps doing the Rainman "I'm an excellent driver" speech, but this is a kid who walked into a wall to get a few stitches, and ate a seven inch piece of roast beef that got stuck in his windpipe and had to be surgically removed.

When he talked about taking the car for a spin my mind did a real trick on me and took me back to when he was about four and was reading the names of the players on the video basketball game that he was soundly whipping me in.

So fast...seems like about twenty minutes ago.

And I've learned that there are challenges ahead each and every day. There is so much more to do... and man things are sparkling around here this afternoon, and the peppers were awesome.

Comments

Terry87 said…
10th book, right? Did I just read this correctly? This makes it 10 whole times you've personally vacuumed the house?
Again, I'll state the obvious: Kathy is a saint.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
She wasn't even around for the first two - so its only really eight times!
Remember when you took me out driving with my learner's permit and I hit a groundhog... you kept saying, "Ah that poor guy, he was probably just going out to get some food for his wife and kids..." I still feel guilty.
Andrea Renee said…
I can always count on you guys to make me laugh! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie