Day By Freaking Day

I heard from one of my best friends in the world today. Fluff from college called just to say hello and ask me why I've kind of gone underground despite the fact that I've tried to write something here every day. Seeing right through things he knew that I was sort of half-assing the effort. My buddy Terry alluded to much the same thing, and Rosie checked in to see if I was still afloat.

So, how are things?

They sort of really suck, to be honest. Nearly a year later, and it hasn't been any better, truthfully. Those that say that time heals, are mentally deficient, to be frank.

I don't know if you guys ever heard of Bruce Springsteen, but in Mary's Place from the unbelievable album The Rising, he asks, "How do you live broken-hearted?" (Listen to the words) - but the answer is not real well, most of the time.

I suppose that what really needs to happen is that there needs to be little mileposts set before you. Make it to Monday...okay...make it to Wednesday...just fine...make it to Sunday...pasta - see Monday and repeat.

I've always had a real problem finishing a book. Massive depression, actually.

This time, I finished the book I never wanted to write. Try that on for size.

So, I sit here thinking about what's next...

Sleep...

Grey Goose...

Bruce have a new album out?

Yanks for #28?

And still...

It all rings hollow...

Maybe those buddies checking in will be what carries me through.

I'll get there, I promise. That's what needs to happen.

Sometimes it just takes day by freaking day to make it up the stairs, and into the fire.

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
I'm right there with you.
Me and my bottle of wine..........
Lots of love to you and your family. xoxo
deafjeff said…
I do my best to bug the shit out of you daily. Hell buddy, I got a cell just to talk to you. Do you think your texts are worth a c-note a month? So far so good.
Oh Cliffy.

This life, this life and then the next...

Keep drinking the goose. You up for Bloody Mary's on the beach this Easter? I'll jump off the wagon if that's a possibility.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie