It's a Joke!

I wish I had a dime for every time I got in trouble for telling a joke... I have the responsibility of speaking in front of a lot of people, and sometimes, I can be a wee-bit off-color, or politically incorrect.

My boy came home from school the other day, looking a little worried. It seems he'd told a joke that he'd heard on Two and a Half Men and being that he goes to a Catholic school...well, he wishes he had a dime.

The joke goes like this:

If girls who have big breasts work at Hooters where do girls with one leg work: I-Hop.

I don't care who you are, that there is funny.

So, my nine-year-old tells someone, who tells someone, who says it in front of the teacher.

"I'm going to get in trouble," Sam says. "Everyone else already got yelled at and I'm the one who started it."

I see that he's about to break into tears. I decide to give him some advice that will serve him throughout his life.

"When the teacher comes to you and asks you about it tell her that you, "Don't know what the hell she's talking about," I said.

Deny. Deny. Deny.

"No!" Kathy screamed from her spot behind me. "Don't tell him that!"

"Tell her you thought hooters were owls," Jake says.

That might work.

Of course, Kathy was the voice of reason, explaining why it is wrong to mix such jokes with a Catholic education.

I sort of backed her on it, but I also realized that my boy is a Fazzolari.

This won't be the last time his search for a laugh gets him in hot water.

It's just a joke.

Wish I had a dime for every time I muttered that line.

Comments

again. why would you let a 9 year old watch 2 1/2 men?
because it is true(see previous post)bad decisions (read parenting) do make funny stories
Cliff Fazzolari said…
He's a sophisticated young ma

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie