Ripped Torn

Man one of the best shows ever was the Larry Sanders Show, and actor Rip Torn was my favorite reason to watch that show. And he stole the funny scenes in Dodgeball too, but this weekend may have been his greatest performance.

The story goes that Torn went to his local watering hole, watered up, and then stumbled home.

Except he mistook the bank for his home. His key wouldn't work in the door, allegedly, so he used his pistol to shatter the window to gain entrance. He then removed his shoes, and coat, and went to sleep - on the bank floor.

Can't say I've never been there.

I once entered someone's residence, pulled up at their breakfast counter and ordered a Michelob Light. But that's because the Bills were on the way to the Super Bowl and I'd just watched them win the AFC. I still say that wasn't a crime.

But Rip Torn spent three days in jail and his bail has been set at $100,000. Word is he's checking into a rehab center.

All good stuff as he recovers.

And how did I recover?

The Bills started to suck - no good reason to get so excited anymore, and I got married and had kids - the fun is essentially stripped away. (Just kidding, wifey!)

Yet Rip Torn is 78 - time to settle a bit, huh? Call Gary Shandling and start the show again.

It beats trying to sleep on a cold bank floor with your pistol as a pillow.

Comments

Larry L said…
I once crawled in bed with my future wife’s best friend. Shortly after that, she yelled out with loud scream. Only thing I remember was saying, “oops wrong one”.
Oh, and who can forget Jeff and Grandma Schryver's rendezvous!?!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie