Whatever Works

I love Larry David - he's a comic genius. I also love Woody Allen movies - and despite what he did with his adopted daughter, I also consider him a genius. So, of course, when their movie was one of my choices, I jumped at it.

The monologue that David does at the start is worth the investment of time. He plays a negative genius who thinks life is a colossal waste of time. I laughed my ass off.

And Whatever Works was his mantra to make it through life's ups and downs although how well it works is up for debate - he jumps out a window twice.

Yet there were disturbing aspects to his personality - the OCD, the waking up in the middle of the night. The daily rants about how everyone is wrong and he's always right.

Reminded me of someone, not sure who.

In any regard, a movie worth watching. He calls everyone he meets an imbecile, which is just a classic word and one that makes me laugh each time. How can you be so condescending?

Imbecile.

Try it today on someone who aggravates you.

It's bound to make you smile.

Just don't jump out any windows when love doesn't seem to come around for you.

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
I've got seasons 1-5 (can't find season 2 - I think it's around here somewhere) of Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD if you would like them. I, personally, can't stand Larry David, but Matt loved him. Let me know if you're interested and I'll be happy to send them to you!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Andrea, I'd love them! I'll send you an note on facebook - I figured Matt had that type of sense of humor! He hung with Jeff! Thank you!
Andrea Renee said…
I can still hear the opening music to that show... Matt used to laugh because as soon as I'd hear it, I'd groan and roll my eyes. Then I'd end up humming it later because it was stuck in my head, which resulted in more laughter from Matt. I love those memories!
Andrea Renee said…
(PS - I like Woody Allen even less than Larry David...)
I'm with Andrea on Woody Allen... I can stomach him for about 30 seconds before changing the channel... Larry David isn't as bad... whatever works, I guess.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie