You Did What?

The Buffalo Bills fullback, Corey McIntyre, was arrested for allegedly exposing himself to a 59-year-old woman. The story goes that he was out for a bike ride, decided to stop by the woman's home, knocked on the door, and was allegedly touching himself when the poor woman opened the door to see what he wanted.

It was difficult to even write the description of what he supposedly did. Difficult because I'm horrified and embarrassed for him. Can you imagine telling your family and friends what you were arrested for? How do you even start that conversation?

Corey: "Hi Mom, I'm in jail?"
Mom: "What happened? Speeding? Drugs? DWI?"
Corey: "Uh, no. I went out for a bike ride and this feeling came over me so I knocked on this woman's door, and one thing led to another."

Or how about reporting to the team?

Jauron: "Hi Corey, how was the off-season? Anything unusual happen?"
Corey: "I got busted for masturbating in front of my neighbor, but other than that, same old, same old, coach."

I guess that there isn't a lot left that's shocking. I suppose that he's innocent until proven guilty, right? Perhaps he's a young man who needs a lot of help. Hopefully it's not a pre-cursor of even more strange behavior.

I'm betting he's probably more than a little ashamed, but then again, who knows? Engaging in such behavior probably leaves little room to be shamed by your actions.

Loved the quote by his lawyer that explained what a fine young man and a wonderful role model he is.

We all make mistakes, right?

That's a hell of a one to have on the old resume.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Sounds like something Jim would do.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty