Hey Lady, Please Shut-up!

Sat in the seat on the plane, buckled my seat belt, opened the sports page, and decided that I'd read a little before closing my eyes for the hour flight. Two women, who could've sat anywhere on the plane plopped down in the seats directly in front of me, and the dialogue began.

We have real issues with this account and we need to start thinking out of the box on this. I'm thinking of running some things up the flag pole to see who salutes and hopefully we can knock this one out of the park.

It became real apparent to me that the one lady was the "boss" and she was educating the other lady, who if I were her, would have dug my own eyes out to get away.

Every sentence was a cliche. Every word a grating, high-drama excursion that interrupted my scanning of the box scores.

Okay, perhaps it would only last as long as it took for the plane to get air bound.

We headed for the sky. I closed the paper and shut my eyes.

We need to become more streamlined. The interface between the two offices exposes all of us to events that can shape the future of the company and our viability to perform in this marketplace.

Shut-up! I cried in my head.

I've certainly tried time and again to reach the ear of management, but you know how difficult it is in this day and age to reach out.

I was hoping I could pop out my window and go sit on the wing.

Talk, talk, talk,talk, talk and nothing being said.

So, I did it. "Don't you ever stop for a breath?" I asked. "It's like listening to the radio back here."

They laughed three rows back, but motormouth never stopped talking.

We landed, picked up our bags, waited to file off, and the news was still being broadcasted out of the mouth of the single-most annoying person on the planet.

She glanced at me as I brushed by her.

"It was great meeting you," I said. "Good luck with your issues and complications."

As if the swine flu weren't enough to worry about on a cramped flight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie