IDOL TRIMS TO FOUR!!!

One of the worst parts of travelling is that you're always looking for some place to eat. If you don't know the town, you drive around aimlessly, wondering what might be good. Usually, I'm with a couple of other guys and I just go along and eat whatever -

"Never saw him not finish everything on his plate," one of my traveling companions said of me.

This time out however one of the guys seemed to be rushing through the meal. "What's up?" I asked.

"Idol is on," he answered.

I may have looked at him kind of funny because he got a tad defensive. (Okay, I laughed at him).

"I watch it with my wife," he said.
"Does it make you closer?" I mocked. (I can't print his answer).

The next morning, I was ready - "How was Idol?" I cooed.
"I slept through it," he answered.

I laughed again. "I've known you for 15 years," I said. "You went from being a hard-drinking, party man to a man who now sleeps through American Idol, and will probably get in trouble for it because it threatens your relationship with your wife."

Again, I can not print his answer.

So, who's left? Who are you pulling for in the grand karaoke contest? It must be good, right, millions of people can't be wrong.

Enjoy, please and know that my only problem with the fascination behind the show is that I'd probably enjoy seeing someone like Paul Simon sing a Paul Simon song, or Barbara Streisand singing a Barbara Streisand song.

"Doesn't it sound good?" my wife asked when the one guy was doing a decent pass at a great Billy Joel song.

"It would be great if Billy Joel were singing it," I answered.

You get the point. I don't rush dinner for anyone - let alone Simon and Paula.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie