God Knows Everything

Sam completed his 1st Communion - our last 1st party - and the celebration was certainly subdued although the stuffed peppers were awesome. Ask me again tomorrow about those though.

Yet what stuck with me is the words of the priest during the sermon. As you can see by the title of the post, they are humbling words when you're just a mere human. God Knows Everything.

God knows the most sinister of thoughts that run through your mind. He knows when you're angry with him, down on life, unforgiving, and even hateful.

Yet I was comforted by the words, I suppose, because deep down I think I do okay and feel that if He indeed knows everything than He is most likely okay with how I've conducted myself so far. Hopefully He grades the college years on somewhat of a curve.

Still in all, Sam did great and hearing him say, 'Amen' was pretty special. Hopefully it will remain a faith-filled journey for him.

And we are propelled straight into Mother's Day and I've had the privilege of seeing two outstanding mothers. My own mother - who I've never truly had a cross word with -and my wife - who couldn't be more motherly to the three cowardly lions that we are raising.

Mother's deserve their day - and to all you mother's out there - I hope it's a good one.

Remember, of course, if God knows everything...mother's know nearly everything too.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Let me tell you, those peppers were good. He would have been happy with them. Me? What did I tell you? I was up til 4 am with heartburn, was it worth it? Tough call, peppers were good man.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty