I Tried Thinking But Nothing Happened

The other day Howard Stern was playing a clip of Curly from the Three Stooges saying - "I tried thinking, but nothing happened."

It struck me as funny and I couldn't help but laugh and then think of it throughout the day. There are so many times in life when we try to think and nothing truly happens. We might fool ourselves into believing that we have something figured out, but in the end, just like poor Curly, nothing happens.

The word of today has been distracted - I moved around from job to job, feeling as though I were getting plenty done, but there, lurking in the dark corners of my mind was the feeling that I was just trying to distract myself from thinking about what I didn't want to be thinking about.

Yet when I tried to think of it...right...nothing happened. No laughter, no tears, no mind-numbing quakes...not even last night when for the first time in a long while I slept the sleep of a bear.

And I kept thinking about that drunken fool at the wrestling match. The 50-year-old man so angry because The Big Show was beating his beloved John Cena and I just couldn't get a handle on it. I couldn't figure why that moron of a man was able to walk this Earth, and poison his child, and scream obscenities, and probably get behind the wheel, annihilated and drive home so he could catch the Friday Night Smack down and scream some more.

I tried to think of what is fair and what isn't fair.

I tried to figure out how the hell the lottery of life works.

I tried to watch the Yankees and actually care that they're floundering.

Perhaps I can think again tomorrow.

Today, nothing happened.

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
Don't wrack your brain trying to figure those answers out because there are none... Save your thinking for attainable answers. (((HUGS)))

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie