Ah, A Palin Story

I read through an account of Bristol Palin preaching abstinence. Yes, she's the 18-year old with the six month old child, and I feel bad about bringing her name up as she's just a kid, but she appeared on Good Morning America, as a sexpert, so she's fair game.

I don't mind the message, I suppose. I'm all for educating the youth of today, but she is talking abstinence when she has a kid already? Imagine that kid about 15 years from now watching a tape of the interview where his mother talks about the painful regret of having him. That would kind of suck,right?

And how do you become an expert on a matter after screwing up your chance to handle a situation correctly? It would be kind of like Michael Vick becoming a spokesman for Gravy Train.

I just love the Palin's and all they stand for. Free snowmobiles for everyone!

On a totally unrelated subject, I saw a photo of Bob Seger the other day and with his long gray hair and gray beard he looked like the sheepdog from that old cartoon.

I thought about not being allowed to see his Against the Wind Tour in Buffalo about a hundred years ago because my mother and father believed that being 14 wasn't old enough to go to a concert.

I can remember hearing about the show the next day at school and thinking that Seger was the coolest guy on the planet. I still love his music - Down on Main Street - is one of my all-time favorites, but now he looks like a Grandpa. Not sure if he even tours anymore, but if I saw him now, I doubt anyone under 40 would think I'm cool.

Hell, I bet Bristol Palin never even heard of Seger.

Actually, she may have heard of Night Moves.

I knew I'd find a way to tie them together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty