A New 5-Year Deal

When we were first married I joked with my wife that we should renew our marriage in five-year increments. We'd go years 1 to 5 under the original contract and then we'd either re-up or back out.

(Actually it is a great idea, but Lord knows we can't mess with the idea of marriage being anything other than what it is - a life sentence).

Yet the first contract negotiations on the next leg of the marriage passed without even a 2nd thought - we skipped into years six through ten with no more than a few playful digs about how much fun we were having.

At year 10 - we both signed up for another five-year stint. There was never a question.

We are now two years into our third such contract and I'm willing to take it a step further - I want an early extension.

I don't need any more money. God knows that additional children are not part of any new deal. I don't need a different house, or a new car, or her to agree to anything else at all.

I'm sick of the 5-year deals. After 12 years there are things I know for sure.

We can go longer on the terms of a deal. I'm thinking a twenty year deal that sort of cements it all for me.

(God knows she'll tire of me first, right everyone?)

Happy Anniversary - the woman has soul.

All right, I lied - I need a new pair of tennis shoes to seal the deal.

Comments

Cool. We all benefit from the deal. Kath - go for the contract, we don't want to lose you!

Beautiful tribute to your wife, Cliffy.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie