Tracy Deserves Love

Loved the Grammy performance as Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs sang her unbelievable song, ‘Fast Car.’

Tracy’s version went back to number 1 - 36 years after the original release.

I couldn’t be happier for her because she is an unbelievable writer and artist.

What’s funny is that I have been a Tracy Chapman fan since the 80’s and have never stopped listening to her, but now my sons know how awesome she is.

Thing is, I read a few criticisms of her ‘stealing the spotlight’ from Luke Combs!!!

A GOP dope said that her being there was an attack on a successful, straight, white male!

She wrote the song!!!

Anyway, I am thrilled that she is back in the public eye- people need to go and check out more than just ‘Fast Car.’

‘Subcity’ is an amazing song.

So is ‘Sing For You’, ‘Revolution’, ‘Baby Can I Hold You’….

…and on and on and on.

Her debut album is as good as any first album I’ve ever heard.

In fact, I played the entire record on a jukebox in a bar, back in 1988, in New Haven, Ct.

The bartender unplugged the jukebox and said some derogatory things…

…akin to what the GOP dope said.

Don’t get it!

Maybe that’s why Tracy Chapman went away.

I’m glad she’s back…

…make a new record!!!

I’ll be first in line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie