Filth

A North Carolina pastor made the news this weekend for his stance on women and rape.

I don’t even know the guy’s name and I’m not about to look it up, but he said that if a woman were in shorts and had the misfortune of being raped that he’d have a tough time convicting the rapist because of the shorts!

‘Men will be men,’ was his point.

Are you freaking kidding me???

Women can’t wear shorts because men can’t control their animal impulses?

The guy was rightfully shamed and he issued an apology, telling us how sad he is about his poor choice of words.

That guy may not even win the worst comment of the week.

Oklahoma Senator Tom Woods weighed in on the beating death of a 16-year-old transgender human being in a bullying incident.

Woods explained that they didn’t want transgender filth in their Christian state.

A child died.

This dude, as a so-called representative of Christ, decides that the victim was ‘filth.’

The language of these men is reprehensible and what really gets to me is that they hide behind their warped interpretation of God in an effort to spread their hate.

You’d think that Woods would also scramble to apologize after the world slammed his hate speech, but he doubled down on all of it, insisting that he won’t compromise his principles.

I feel badly for my kids because they don’t even know a world where people tried to be kind and compassionate. 

I kind of know where it all fell apart as well. When the huge orange menace made fun of the disabled reporter it should’ve ended his bid to become leader of the free world, but he got a pass…

…and since has felt emboldened enough to say things like:

“Mexicans are rapists.”

Or 

“Black people like me more because I’ve been indicted.”

None of this is normal, and I argue that it’s unacceptable.

If you want to start identifying filth, I know right where to begin.

The North Carolina pastor, the Oklahoma senator, and the front runner for the party of filth.

In fact, they all need to step way up to even be considered filthy.

I say that all in the name of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie