Great Game, Huh?

My final day on my little break was to include a party to watch the Super Bowl.

Didn’t quite work out as it wasn’t all perfect this year. A stomach bug went around the group. Each morning, a different guy woke up feeling queasy.

I was in the healthy group…

…which was down to four by the time the party rolled around.

So, instead of dragging guys who were a little green around the gills to the club for the party we stayed in together to watch the game.

We were thoroughly entertained by a board we put together that paid a mere $40 a quarter (we all put in $20 and had 12 squares).

The same big dope - Joe - who also stayed healthy - won 3 of the quarters.

He and I were rooting solely for Taylor Swift (although I was also extremely impressed with Blake Lively as well).

As for the game?

I never once believed that the 49ers would win.

I like them and all, but Mahomes-Kelce-Reid are the new Brady-Gronk-Hoodie.

Never in doubt, and while a lot of people hate such dominance I kind of enjoy watching talented people perform so, like the Patriots days, I was entertained by them.

Usher?

Not for me.

Commercials?

Arnold and DeVito were fun to see.

As for the happy couple?

I genuinely like Taylor and Travis.

They asked Kelce why people seem to be either fascinated or enraged by their relationship and he said that he believed it was because they’re just decent people trying to live a life.

That’s why I enjoy them - that’s what they appear to be to me - yet I think old Travis forgot about the people who hate to see them happy…

…plenty of those people out there too.

But, good game!

And I won the health lottery too. Woke up this morning still king of my castle.

Now heading home!

Me and Ollie have a game tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie