Paradise?

As I write this on Friday morning I can hear my back breathing!

Flight left first thing yesterday and so I was up by four and trying to snore between two perfectly nice, but sorta’ chatty women.

We arrived and immediately received a text to ‘go straight to the course’ as there wasn’t time to hit the house for lunch or to change clothes anywhere other than the parking lot.

An hour off the plane, I was at the driving range, trying to work out the kinks.

There were kinks!!!

As I listened to Joe explain how good his omelet was, I sipped a water at the first tee.

“Hit a decent first drive,” I chided myself (Hi Kim).

And I did!

A medium length drive that hugged the left side of the fairway.

(Joe went over the trees and flirted with a car that was coming down the road as we all yelled, “Hit it!”)

And we were off!

I drove it well on 15 or 16 of 18. Hit some lousy fairway shots, some horrendous chips, lagged some putts, and considered that:

“I’m starving,” as I heard every detail of Joe’s brunch.

We laughed, enjoyed the sun, and hugged out our long-awaited greetings.

And here I lie…

…six hours before round 2.

The hot tub water is heating up…

…shopping for sauce for tomorrow’s huge dinner.

Man.

I’m feeling old right about now.

But there’s a benefit to today:

No Joe on back-to-back days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie