So Lost

I’ve been paying more attention to the company emails. In the past few months I’ve figured out that there are holidays that I’ve missed completely through the years.

So, everyone in my company was enjoying a day off, as I cluelessly worked right through and then wondered why we didn’t get mail.

“The office is closed on Monday.”

Saw that email on Friday.

Problem being that I had already scheduled a session for Tuesday that required me to leave on the day off!

I woke up lost!

“May as well just go to work,” I thought.

The little guy on the other shoulder said:

“You’re off! Relax before you go!”

I blame the nuns, or my parents, or my wife, or my kids…

…someone!

Because I feel guilty when I don’t go, go, go!

I compromised:

Did some paperwork, played catch with Ollie, took a long while to drink coffee, and went over my course content.

A half-assed holiday that I used to completely ignore.

Where’s the mail?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie