The Three-Putt Rule

We had round 2 yesterday and spiced it up (which we never do) with a $20 three-putt rule.

Simply, everyone takes out a $20. We did it that the oldest guy held it first - as soon as he three-putts he passes the money to the next guy. Whoever is holding the money at the end gets to keep it.

Makes for some pressure and a few laughs. We ran mock interviews of guys who had pressure putts.

I was the youngest guy in my group so it took me until hole 7 to get the money.

I was determined to keep it…and bash them over the head with it after every made putt.

(Game also teaches you to concentrate on your putts).

I have Chippy! Stroke only counts if you are using your putter, so I held that money through the turn and onto the green at 13.

I putt my 4th shot on the par 5 within 8’ - easy! First putt was for par.

Ran it 3’ past.

Big deal - 3’ for the win and to hold the money.

Yeah - you guessed it.

I ran a 3’ all the way around the hole.

And out!

“Man, I don’t even want to win now,” my buddy Tom said. “I’d pay a hundred just to see that again.”

Great love going on here.

And that story will be told for years now. 

On 15 my drive hit a tree and bounced onto the fairway. My second shot also found a tree and bounded back to the fairway. I put shot 3 on the green and then made a long putt for par.

“That’s the worst par in the history of golf,” Rick said. 

I hit them with my “Rewardsd for clean living” line.

I’m laying here as I write this…

…wondering how I’ll hold up on day 3.

Ahhh….

…it’ll be fine….

…I made a pot of sauce for today…

…the house smells amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie