Patriot Preparedness

I was driving my son somewhere and the commercial from a true patriot came over the airwaves on Sirius.

“They have left a lot of hints. Something dangerous is coming. Are you prepared?”

“What’s coming?” Sam asked.

“Not sure but it’s going to be devastating,” I said.

The commercial continued by saying that when the shit hits the fan, you’re going to need something to eat.

Sam laughed.

“They’re selling food?”

“Oh yeah, so you can stay in your basement until it’s safe to come out again.”

The announcer explained all that would be included in the box of pre-packaged food that one would need to survive Armageddon.

“I think I’d rather go up in the mushroom cloud,” Sam said.

“Exactly,” I said.

And I thought about the people who might send off a check for a box of food that they could store in their basement until the government came to destroy us all.

Because no mistake there are thousands upon thousands who are in the middle of preparing for the coming storm.

There are still others who have circled a date in their calendars because they’ve convinced themselves that God is coming down to choose the people He is going to take up for eternal life while the rest of us burn.

Will God allow us to take our canned goods with us?

Sam shook his head.

“That’s a crazy commercial,” he said. “I can’t believe that people want to live here if the rest of the world is gone.”

Prepare, people.

The end is near.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie