Kansas City

I’ve been a visitor to Kansas City at least 30 times in the last dozen or so years.

I’ve watched Royals games, devoured barbecue, and driven all over the state, as well as through Kansas.

I’ve particularly enjoyed spending time in Olathe, Wichita and Topeka along with Kansas City, Missouri.

My heart sunk when I read about the mass shooting. I’m familiar with the parade route - I’ve been down those streets.

Heaven knows how many people will suffer because of the actions of those madmen. Certainly thousands more than those who were shot.

Those kids.

Shot as they lined up to watch their heroes float on by.

The faces of the dead flashing on the news, their lives deemed disposable by those who fail to take action.

Their deaths will have no meaning to anyone making the rules.

Thoughts and prayers.

The Missouri governor is a wild proponent of gun rights. The gun laws are virtually nonexistent.

The governor was spotted running away in fear…

…there were good guys with guns.

The bad guys were tackled by brave fans.

Bottom line:

“This ain’t freedom.”

My oldest son wrote that to me.

“This is a shit-hole!”

He isn’t wrong.

I waited for more.

He finally came to a conclusion:

“Our generation will fix it when all the money-hungry cowards get out of the way.”

I’m hoping he’s right…

…I may never see it fixed…

…sadly, some of the greedy pigs will outlast me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie