Raising Your Voice

So, Travis Kelce is being compared to Charlie Manson for running up on Andy Reid and yelling.

Word is Kelce wanted to stay in the game and he took out his frustrations by raising his voice to make his point with his long-time coach.

When I saw it happen during the game I shrugged it off.

Turns out it’s way worse than I thought!

“Taylor needs to get away from him if that’s how he handles frustration!” As stated by a Swifty.

“He needs to apologize to every kid in America,” said another woman. “The kids are watching and they imitate their heroes.”

As with everything else these days, those opinions may be an overreaction.

I certainly grew up in a more vocal time. I had bosses and coaches and priests and nuns who spent a lot of time yelling at me.

My Dad certainly voiced his frustrations in a loud manner.

Believe it or not, I’ve been known to raise my voice from time to time.

I get the argument that a point can be made in a calm way, but sometimes people need to vent!

Kelce and Reid played it off after the game. It’s something that happened in a moment in a highly competitive game.

Reid hardly reacted in real time.

I seriously doubt that it ruined their relationship, and I initially shrugged because it’s between them. They’ll figure it out.

Like I said, I was yelled at plenty. I had a job foreman who threw his hard hat…

…hit me in the ass.

I wasn’t scarred for life…

…in fact, I laughed, and so did he, eventually.

It seems that we are trying to take all the bad acts out of life.

I’m all for it…

…but we can tolerate a raised voice from time to time.

Can’t we?

Maybe I’m wrong, but every little thing is now scrutinized, and sometimes it’s not quite as dangerous or malicious as the moral police believe.

He raised his voice to a coach/friend as they worked together in trying to win the game.

That’s life, man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie