Puppy Power

I laughed hard twice in the last two days…

…both courtesy of Oliver…

…who already has more than a half dozen names.

(Ollie, Oliver, Ed, Edward James Oliver, Oliver Twist, Oliver Twisted, Ollie Oop, Ollie Baba). 

The first big laugh came when Oliver started running which turned into a zoom.

I’d never heard of a zoom until I met Ed. A zoom is when he tears off around the area, jumping on couches, making laps around the kitchen, up and down the stairs…

…all at break neck speeds.

What struck us funny about it this particular time is that it appeared as if something was broken inside of him. 

It went in for a solid five minutes and there was no stopping him.

A day later, he was back to his hysterical ways as he decided to bite at me.

He nipped at my feet and of course I yelled the command:

“Ollie! No! Be a good boy!”

He kept going, looking up at me with huge, dark eyes that made me laugh.

“No bites! Kisses!!”

He nipped at me again, and again, and again, knowing that he was truly testing my patience, but that look up just made me laugh.

The more I laughed, the more he nipped at me.

Which is not to say that it’s all going badly.

He enjoys cooking with me.

He will lay on the kitchen floor, waiting for a scrap to hit the floor.

I don’t feed him much, but the idea of it keeps him on the floor, behaving.

He’s certainly housebroken.

He will sit and lie down on command and will shake hands if he feels like it.

His major developmental difficulties center around the other pets.

He won’t leave Miller the cat alone. 

His goal is to pin the cat in less than a minute. Miller takes it too, and while it would be fine if the match were over after the first pin, it appears that Oliver Twisted wants to pin him 30 times in a row.

And poor Paris, who is heading into her teenage years, has to be continually circled and barked at.

“Be a good boy!” Is the consistent command that we’ve tried to give, over and over.

I’ll let you know when it starts working.

Man.

Puppies are relentless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie