Integrity

Maybe it’s the Catholic School influence, but I often make up my mind about things as either black or white.

Not a lot of grey.

I’m an old, white guy when it comes to baseball and I spew all the integrity of the game crap that young guys hate.

I’ve reluctantly accepted the pimping of home runs, but I still don’t love it.

Steroids?

I have zero tolerance.

McGwire stole the single season home run record from Roger Maris. 

I don’t acknowledge it.

Bonds broke Aaron’s all-time home run record.

I don’t acknowledge his career at all.

They cheated.

Pete Rose gambled for and against the team he was managing.

Zero sympathy.

I was happy that the writers were keeping the steroid cheats out of the hall.

And then yesterday they let Ortiz waltz through the door!

First ballot!!?

He failed a steroid test.

Cheated.

As much as Bonds and A-Rod and Clemens and Sosa and McGwire.

What a joke.

The nuns who spoke about integrity would be against it.

I am too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie