Brady Retires!

I enjoyed watching Joe Montana play football. I even saw him play live once at Candlestick and while I was a casual fan of how Joe Cool played, I wasn’t a fan of the 49ers.

Tom Brady arrived on the scene 22 years ago.

The Bills weren’t great for much of the 2000’s. Brady was playing in all the big games and locked horns with Peyton Manning.

I’ve always rooted for Brady.

I defended him because of how much he was hated, not sure why, but I thought the hate wasn’t warranted. 

He was never soft. 

He didn’t bash opponents or teammates. 

Seemed like a genuinely good guy to me so I became his biggest defender.

Watched him play the position better than anyone ever. 

Saw him win and win and win and I truly wanted him to win again.

I really got invested in it when the NFL went after him for the air in the ball crap. Even if everything was true it was an equipment violation.

Instead he was painted as a cheater.

I still can’t believe that his name was dragged though the mud like that.

He was just great and his drive and dedication were to be commended.

Father Time is undefeated though and while the retirement wasn’t wholly unexpected, I thought that he would play five more years.

But why would he?

7-time champion.

MVP’s.

A whole

Lot of money.

My boys, of course, were happy with the decision. They know I’ve long been a fan of Tom Brady.

“Finally!” Sam texted.

“It’s not good news,” I answered.

In fact, it saddens me.

He’s certainly the greatest of all time and it’s not close.

TB12.

We won’t ever see another one like him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie