Meatloaf

“I want you, I need you, but there ain’t no way I’m ever going to love you. Now don’t be sad. ‘Cause 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.”

Man.

I sang the hell out of that song.

And ‘Paradise by the Dashboard Light’ also pops into my head from time to time.

Just a great voice and these hugely operatic productions.

Meatloaf.

Another staple of my music diet back in the day.

It’s weird, but in the 90’s there was another album released by that same team and I loved it.

It’s nagged at me the last few years because I haven’t been able to find it on Apple Music.

I’ll find it now, I guess.

And there’s a feeling of true loss because by the end of the night last night they were talking about Meatloaf’s stance on the vaccination may have cost him his life.

What a damn shame.

It’s not for me to judge the man and I’ve always known that the art is always better than the artist, but there are a couple of more artists out there who have also been very vocal about being anti-vax and even anti-mask and who have been going out of their way to say Covid is a made up deal.

Eric Clapton and Van Morrison have been using their voices to sing the anti-mask song and it’s bothered me.

Especially in the case of Van Morrison. I have 20 of his records. I haven’t been listening to them much lately.

I’ll get beyond it.

Meatloaf and Clapton and Morrison were/are fond of saying it’s their choice.

I suppose it is.

And somewhere along the way “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad” will come on.

I’ll sing it loud and proud.

Same with “Moondance” or “Layla” (rock version only)

The art is close to perfect.

Sometimes the artists make poor choices.

“Bat Out of Hell” will be played for decades.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie