13 Seconds

It’s been a weird, quiet, sad week in the B-lo.

We will all recall “13 Seconds” as it has joined the lexicon.

With “Wide Right” and “No Goal” and “Music City Miracle.”

Our group of old guys chatted about it, and we came to the conclusion that the coaches blew it, and that they should be up front about it.

They won’t be.

As for the boys, they didn’t say much all week. Jake finally mentioned the game last night.

He was finally speaking about next year.

“Now you know how I felt after wide right,” I said.

“Pretty cool that fans are donating to the Children’s Hospital,” Jake said. “It’s over $400,000.”

He’s a kid who was treated there. I wrote 2 books about the place. An amazing place.

And yeah, the donations, $13 at a time, from Chiefs fans, as a tribute to how well Josh Allen and the Bills competed.

“I’d still rather they won, though,” Jake said, and we both laughed,

“13 seconds,” I said.

“Just insane,” Jake answered.

And it will all be back in the foreground on Sunday as the games resume.

“I’m not watching,” Jake said, as a way of summing it all up.

“I’ll watch again in September. I should be over it by then.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie