Football Crazy

I have to admit that the football craziness certainly does perplex me as an older fellow.

I watched a clip of Dallas Cowboys fans throwing anything they could find at their players as they left the field after Sunday’s loss.

Twitter is abuzz after any game about fans from each city in an absolute assault on one another.

The refs are always a target as well.

The losing side is always bitching about bad calls.

“The NFL has to be ashamed with that product!”

Everyone is betting!

Over/under

With the spread.

I simply blocked all the ads that told me that I could place sports bets through them.

I only did it because every third post was about betting!

And then there’s the universal disdain for Tom Brady. That’s always made me laugh.

My mother-in-law (R.I.P.) would’ve shot him given the chance.

And like I’ve said, I was Bills crazy 30 years ago. I still want the Yankees to win the World Series every year, but it’s been at least 15 years since I felt any sort of emotional pain over a loss.

It’s a distraction.

And I certainly don’t discourage my kids from being rabid about it.

It’s good for the city.

I think!

Can’t imagine what might happen the day after a world title.

But man, when they lose?

Don’t toss bottles at them.

It is just a game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie