Thighland

So now we have the election talk. In the middle of all of this ridiculousness we are blessed with a presidential election.

In normal times political ads are a pain in the ass. Now, with so much aggravation these speeches are going to be torturous.

Biden has a reputation for gaffes. He’s a stutterer who sometimes speaks in riddles. The Trump camp was trying to sell a dementia deal.

Hard sell when your candidate is bragging about remembering, ‘Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV.’

We had the mispronunciation of Yosemite two days ago. Yesterday Thailand was pronounced as ‘Thighland.’

I just wonder.

Trump is 73. Biden is older than that. Pelosi is 80. Mitch McConnell has been in Congress since I was in college, I think.

If this were a sports team we’d all be wondering if we could somehow get younger.

Since I was a kid there has been talk about term limits.

I get that we are living longer these days, but seriously, how much work are these people actually doing?

At 55, I get a bit winded some weeks.

73? Or 77? Or 80???

How are they making it through the day without naps??

My Dad and my Father-In-Law both napped pretty frequently once they made it past 70 years old.

If they were up giving speeches they’d certainly mangle a few words.

Thighland?

Yos-a-mite?

It’s only going to get worse...

...yesterday Trump made the claim that Biden is going to get rid of God.

I mean...

...come on!

I believe that there are about 95 days until the election.

In the year that never seems to end...

...that’s going to be an eternity.

Maybe I’ll book a trip to Thighland when I’m free to travel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie