Greatest Live Event

Twitter posed a question about the greatest baseball game I’d ever seen live and despite having attended roughly 100 games in my life, I immediately thought about Game 5 of the ‘98 ALCS. 

The Yankees were dominating that year, winning 114 games but they were tied with the Tribe and Game 5 was in Cleveland.

“They need me,” I said.

Kathy found the tickets and $200 later we were sitting in the last row of the place. El Duque was masterful and the Yankees didn’t lose another game that year.

As for football...easily the Bills over the Raiders 51-3 to secure their first ever super bowl berth. It started snowing late in the game and the place was rocking!

I went to a lot of Sabres games as a young man, but my favorite memory there was of seeing Gretzky just toy with them one night. The Great One scored 3 and assisted on a couple more. He deserved his nickname.

For concerts, Bruce at Fenway comes to mind but every show I watched with them are often interchangeable - they bring it every night.

Yet, I also saw the Stones 4 times and they were good each time. The Who in ‘82 was also good but they may have been better in 2018.

Yet, if I had to pick one night out above all others, it is easily Springsteen on Broadway.

Just a perfect night and although the evening cost me about $1,500, I might have been talked into going again the next night.

I’d go again tomorrow too...

...Covid-19 go away...

...we need more nights out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie