The ☀️ Sun 🌞

By every account, from every human, everywhere, 2020 has...

...sucked.

But man, the sun has been fantastic!

We have played golf each weekend. Zero rainouts.

My skin is as dark as it’s ever been, and not only am I getting sun during the round, I am also out and about every day...

...and the freaking sun is shining bright.

I’m also perplexed by the fact that I am currently hitting the golf ball further than I ever have...

...even when I was young and strong.

“You aren’t getting stronger,” my cart mate said. “Your swing is just better.”

The funky thing about the sport is that there is plenty of time to analyze it. When the swing is broken we all try a whole lot of talking about it.

“Is my backswing fast?”

“Should I be further back in my stance?”

Now? 

I’m not thinking about any of it. Just feeling the sun and hitting the ball.

“You couldn’t even walk this week,” Kathy said when I told her that I played well.

It’s true.

But for four hours each week it seems that the sun is beating down on me and I’m just swinging.

The ball is going straight and far.

Something tells me that when I’m looking back on 2020 on New Year’s Eve, I’ll be sad to see the year go for a couple of reasons:

Golf 

And 

Sun.

Everything else has sucked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie