Baseball ⚾️ in Buffalo

There was a moment on Wednesday morning when I daydreamed a little.

You see, I was watching a recap on the major league game that was being played downtown about 12 miles from where I’m writing this.

1915 was the last time a professional baseball game was played in Buffalo.

“Did you go?” One of my wiseass kids asked.

My daydream consisted of a Buffalo team in the American League East.

“We’d split season tickets,” I told Sam, “But I’d go to a lot of them.”

I thought about living in Baltimore in 1991. It was the Orioles last year at Memorial Stadium and I was just 26 years old, single, and a big fan of beer. Me and my buddy Fluffy would buy the worst seats in the house and go to the games.

The Orioles were awful that year but Cal Ripken was great. We drank beer, sat in the sun and just watched baseball.

“We’d be a better baseball town than Tampa Bay or Miami,” Sam mentioned.

No doubt about that.

“Won’t happen though,” I said.

“Why not? The stadium is big enough,” Sam argued.

But it’s just not. The clubhouses are built for a minor league team. There aren’t any luxury boxes. The major league players are pampered.

I looked at all the clips of the Jays-Marlins game.

It was a walk-off win for the Jays and a good game.

But I was only watching the clips to see how the ballpark looked.

That and I daydreamed a little.

How awesome would it be to sit at a baseball stadium watching the major league players night after night?

Such a shame.

Major league games being played and we can’t go watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie