The Greater Depression

Everyone feeling good about where we’re at right now???

Congress couldn’t figure out another relief package for people who have lost their jobs and won’t be able to pay their mortgage or rent.

So, housing will collapse, I guess.

Certainly doesn’t seem that there’s much urgency to any of it, and some of the comments coming out of some of the leadership is downright tone-deaf.

People weren’t getting rich off the unemployment supplement.

It was making them whole. They were spending some money...

...enough to keep a portion of the economy afloat.

Obviously, that’s not going to happen now.

I’m not an economist and I’ve always been skeptical by the markets, but can someone explain to me how the stock market soars and billionaires make billions more, as the majority of Americans are suffering?

Something has to give, obviously.

I remember my grandpa telling us about the Great Depression.

He was painting outdoor toilets for cash.

I’m a lousy painter.

“So what happens when everyone gets kicked out of where they live?” Jake asked.

“I don’t know,” I said.

I don’t like not having an answer as big as that one for my kids.

But we seem absolutely rudderless.

“Maybe we can make it a purge,” Jake said.

Yeah.

That’s as good a plan as I’ve heard lately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie