Has the World Passed Me By?

When I went to bed on Wednesday night, I was pretty well convinced that the story I read about the 17-year-old who’d traveled to Kenosha and gunned down a few people was going to be talked about plenty.

I just couldn’t imagine that there would be people who would be on his side!

Are you kidding me???

The kid is 17-years old. He allegedly went to Kenosha (driven by his mother!) with a long gun. 

He was not legally allowed to have such a weapon.

He wasn’t allowed to take it across state lines.

He certainly wasn’t allowed to shoot people and kill them in the streets.

And he was completely ignored by law enforcement!

In fact, they told him how appreciated he was and they tossed him water!

After the killings, he got back in his mother’s car and went home! He even tried to surrender (if all the reports are true).

But he wasn’t a bad guy in the eyes of law enforcement. He was one of them!

So, back to me.

I was convinced that the kid and his actions would be thoroughly condemned. 

They weren’t!

An ex-mediocre-baseball-player, Aubrey Huff said that the kid is a ‘national treasure’!

I had to click on that.

And there it was:

One person after another, not only defending the kid, but praising him.

“He should’ve shot more of those animals!” Someone wrote.

I couldn’t believe it.

I still can’t.

For the first time in my life, I actually feared what America may become.

What might happen if all the people with all those guns (legal and illegal) take to the streets and start shooting anyone who doesn’t look like them?

I never thought that might be possible...

...but it is.

It’s as though the world has passed me by.

Rooting for this kid???

That’s nothing but sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie