Line Up to Get Sick!

The great rally to make America Great Again or Keep America Great or Transition Back to Greatness or Come for the Covid-19, Stay for the Unemployment Tour...

...is live from Tulsa, Oklahoma where the leaders and the mayors are saying ‘Please Don’t Hold This Rally, ‘Cause Our Numbers Are Through the Roof.’

While the leader of the task force to combat the virus doesn’t want to talk about it and where his boss says that the virus is almost gone.

The scientists are absolutely astounded. No one talks to them anymore.

“It’s just a bad flu,” a proud Kansas man told me.

“I don’t know,” I said. “I know of a few people who died because of it.”

“Me too,” he said. “It took out my mother. She was in her 80’s.”

“I’m sorry,” I said. “You only get one Mom.”

He waved me off. Shrugged.

“It took my Dad, too,” he said.

That’s when I became fascinated by the conversation. The virus took his mother AND his father and he was still minimizing it as a ‘bad flu’?

“People gotta’ die,” he said. “Would be an awfully crowded place if they didn’t. That’s why we’re holding the rally out this way and not up in New Yahk.”

He dragged out New York as if I lived in Times Square. 

“You people are all over each other up there. That’s why you got it so bad.”

Have you ever been stuck in a conversation where you catch yourself, in the middle of it, thinking, ‘What the f***?’

Let’s recap:

Bad flu

Mom died from it.

Dad died from it.

It’s bad in New Yahk because we all live on top of one another.

World too crowded.

I pressed on:

“I see that the number of cases has gone way up here and in Missouri and in Oklahoma,” I said. “Do you think people will get sick at the rally?”

“Some will,” he said. “Some will get better and some won’t. Thing like this happens every hundred years or so. We gotta’ live through it.”

“But a lot of people won’t.”

“Nope,” he said.

I needed to get out of the riddle.

I was trying to understand the mindset.

“Sorry about your Mom and Dad,” I said.

“Nice chatting with you,” he answered.

I was walking away. I pulled my mask down as I got far enough away.

“Hey,” he called out. “You staying for the rally?”

I laughed.

“Nah, I ain’t ready to go yet.”

Trump said that they had a request for a million tickets, or some such nonsense.

I had one conversation about it.

I believe that arena will be filled with people who aren’t wearing masks, and are not concerned at all.

Some will get sick.

Some will die.

People don’t really care, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie