Hypocrites

I laughed out loud when I read the following line:

“Hell is going to be filled with so many fake-ass Christians I won’t even be able to find a spot to warm my feet.”

I’ve long hated the people who sit in a church on Sunday and act like complete, degenerate a-holes the rest of the week.

There are a million of them.

William Barr, and Mike Pence consider themselves to be very strict religious men.

Really?

I watched Pence tour a facility where they kept Mexican children in cages and emerge saying, “it’s like summer camp for them.”

He claims a whole lot when it comes to peace and love and honesty and he stands beside a liar and lies for him.

I have no use for that.

William Barr?

My God!

And I’m running the risk of hypocrisy as I appear to be judging them, but I spent a lot of time in church. I’ve read the Bible. I know most of the stories by heart because I’ve heard them ten times each.

I even studied the Bible in college, leading one of my good buddies to knock on my door to go drinking as I was studying.

“Why did you lock the door?”

“I have work to do!” I said.

“What could be so important?” He asked.

“I’m reading the **$&*ng Bible!” I answered.

(34 years later and he still reminds me of that unfortunate line).

Yet, I never saw something quite as hypocritical as I did on Monday night.

Catch the glimpse of the menace holding The Bible.

He had no idea how to pose.

Never even thought of opening it to a favorite verse.

I doubt he has a favorite verse or could tell you anything about any of it. He was famously asked awhile back and said:

“I like it all. Great book. The greatest, some people say. It was written a long time ago. A lot of people don’t know that. Go Jesus.”

And that’s all well and good.

I know some great people who are honest, trustworthy and heading straight to heaven when their playing careers are over. Many of them have not studied the Bible or served as altar boys.

But what truly galled me is that it was such a transparent effort to try and finagle a few votes.

Trump doesn’t pray.

The Pope called him out.

Yet he certainly has one move down:

He held it aloft just like another man from long ago:

Adolf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie