Benedict Donald

I’ve been a proud American for a long time, and that’s not to say that I have always been a hundred percent behind what we do.

There are times when I’m not all that proud to be an American, and that’s all right.

We’re free to question and free to protest our anger.

Seems there’s been a whole lot to be angry about here in 2020.

The Coronavirus response has been embarrassing at best.

The racial tension has been a scar that has never fully healed. The scab is off right now.

And there have been zero calls for unity, quite the opposite, actually and it culminated in a white power chant being retweeted by the so-called leader.

Shame.

Yet, just when you think that you can swallow that, as an American, and learn to fight another day...

...it gets worse.

On Saturday night it broke that Russia initiated a bounty system on American soldiers in Afghanistan.

This administration, it appears, was well aware of that horrific measure in March. 

Since then Trump made a case for unity - with Russia! And he, once more, asked that the G-7 become the G-8 by re-accepting Russia.

Straight up dereliction of duty and potential treason.

Treason!!!

It made me angry. Correction, makes me angry.

As angry and ashamed as I’ve ever been.

How does he hug the flag?

How does Pence walk out out of a football game.

Support the troops???

They were being hunted for bounty and Trump and Pence and all of the tainted GOP knew!

I heard one republican senator on the Sunday morning news shows.

He hadn’t heard anything about it!!!

I heard by mid-evening on Saturday and before I went to bed I read about 6 articles on it.

This guy hadn’t heard about it yet???

Back in school we heard all about Benedict Arnold.

A traitor to American way of life.

Well, Arnie better move over.

There’s a huge stench all over our country right now and the troops are out there representing this country. 

Laying their lives on the line.

Following the Russian story (again) there was talk of the November election.

I have the perfect slogan for Trump’s bid (since Make America Great failed so epically):

“Vote for Benedict Donald: We Kill Americans Home and Abroad.”

Disgusting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie