America 2020


It makes my stomach churn.

I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night. Four nights straight.

“Don’t look at Twitter,” I lecture myself. But then I do.

And I scroll looking for the divide.

It’s always there.

Left versus right.

“Those are ANTIFA!”

“That’s a White Supremacist!!”

And the cities are burning. People are angry. The racial tensions are real and certainly warranted in the case of the Minneapolis murder.

Yet there is also tremendous anxiety because people are sick and grieving, courtesy of the virus.

They’re broke and scared due to the unemployment and the government back turned to them.

Believe it or not, there are millions of people going to bed hungry.

And here’s the thing:

There’s no leadership at all.

No calming voice coming from the West Wing.

He’s rooting for more.

America is burning.

2020.

I thought there’d be flying cars.

We went backwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie