“How’s Your Day Going?”

There are days when life moves fast.

As Ferris Bueller said, You need to slow down and enjoy it.

I was having one of those types of days on Wednesday.

Phone ringing, email chiming, texts vibrating, and it was quite warm.

I jumped from one task to the next, bad news on one call, good news on one text, all the while trying to fit in a gulp or two of water, and I thought about February and March.

When life had really slowed down.

This entire year has felt like a century, hasn’t it. There are going to be historians who specialize in just a single month or two of 2020.

It’s hard to keep up.

So here in June, I have a bit of a score card.

1). We beat the virus!!!

Well, not really, but we’re done with it. Let the bodies fall as they may.

“I’m not putting a mask on, ever!” I hear that announced 8 times a day.

Thank God we beat it!

2). They took COPS off the air.

A re-training of the police is badly required. No matter how you want to slice what happened in the last couple of weeks we can all agree that George Floyd’s last ten minutes were disgusting.

Let’s fix it together, huh?

3). Still no baseball.

I don’t want to talk about it.

4). Hurricane season is on the way.

Please, God, spare us. Can’t we skip a year?

5). New low every day!

The 75-year old protester here in Buffalo had it coming?

Guess who intimated that on Tuesday and I missed it when it happened in a tweet because I was listening to the Bridge on satellite radio.

“Brandy, you’re a fine girl,” is better than the news.

6). And the stock market sets record highs!

Lovely right?

The rich get richer.

The poor and unemployed fight to survive!

The phone rang.

It was my beautiful wife.

“How’s your day going?” She asked.

“Lovely!” I answered. “A laugh a minute.”

“Okay...that’s good, I think.”

Yeah!

2020!!

Embrace the lunacy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie