I Wish I Could Fix Anything

As a Dad you’re supposed to be able to fix things.

I can’t do it.

And since Sam seems to be like a wrecking ball through this place...

...well, we need a Dad around here.

Sam and my nephew broke the cover to the hot tub. We haven’t had a hot tub since. I was on a job yesterday and mentioned it to a carpenter.

“Dude, the rigid foam break?” He asked.

“I guess.”

“Should take you ten minutes to fix,” he said.

“Should take YOU ten minutes I said. That would take me 3 years.”

He laughed.

“No, I’m serious. I have zero mechanical ability.”

“Come on!” He said.

“You know those boxes you get to mail things out?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“I can’t put those together.”

He laughed again.

“But you could write the manual.”

So, I got home on Monday with an eye on cutting the lawn.

The mower was not in the mood.

Sam has mowed all summer. Evidently, he broke the handle...

...bah! 

I looked at it - the bolts were there but no nuts..

“I can do this,” I thought.

I sent Kathy a text:

“Going to Home Depot so I can fix the mower.”

“Wait. What? She texted back.

10 minutes later I was back in the house.

“Didn’t fix it?”

“No, I got the wrong nuts.”

“Didn’t you take the bolt with you try it?”

“Uh, yeah. Must’ve miscalculated.”

Neither of us said a word.

We didn’t have to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie