Furniture Shopping

We’ve had a plan to improve things around the house.

My beautiful wife is a big planner...

...she also has a short little span of attention.

We’ve needed furniture for the living room for about a year. Melky’s spot on the couch is pretty worn out. About two months ago, we went into a furniture store near the house and we quickly picked out what we wanted.

“Let’s just get it,” I said.

“Next week,” the human rain delay answered.

And we all know what happened.

The store closed and we ended up in our worn-out spots on the old, tired couch.

We walked back into the store yesterday. A guy in a black mask caught us as soon as we walked in the door. We found the same set that we decided on.

“Draw up the paperwork,” I said.

We even threw in a couple of lamps.

Start to finish, we were out of there in a half an hour.

Or would’ve been.

I was signing the paperwork when Kathy came around the corner.

“Hold up. I want to add a mattress for Jake.”

Bah!

Another 10 minutes and another $500.

But it’s done.

“Now we gotta’....”

The idea woman was off and running.

I tuned out.

That’s enough for one week.

Melky is pretty excited and is ready to make a new hole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie