Too Much Life

John Lennon was shot to death at the age of 40.

That will never not make me feel a twinge of sadness, and I think of one of his most famous lines:

“Life is what happens when you’re making other plans.”

I went to a wake, a funeral and a hospital this week. Heart hurting for good friends. One who died, one who lost a beautiful wife and a really good friend who is battling some serious health issues.

“What’s my blood pressure?” He asked me as I stood at his hospital bed.

I read it to him.

“What’s that number under it?” He asked. “31. It says 31. What’s that?”

“They’re measuring Your I.Q.,” I said.

He laughed. It hurt him to laugh.

“Get out!” He said. “Why do you have to make me laugh?”

I thought about that a lot after I left him.

All the laughs...

...with a lot of people through the years.

And a strange thing happened to me this week.

I sent out a bunch of “I love you, friend,” texts.

Said the same to my family.

“If I end up face down in a plate of linguine and clam sauce. I want you to know,” I said.

One good friend wrote back:

“Dude, that’s a likely scenario!”

I laughed.

Feels good to laugh.

Try it.

“Everything I Know” about life can fit into a thimble!

Love you!

You know who you are!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie