George H.W. Bush

He liked dogs...

...and baseball.

He was a war hero.

Jumped out of planes on 80th, 85th and 90th birthdays.

Actually had a humane immigration policy.

Was married for 73 years and defended his family.

Voted against Trump, accurately referring to him as a blowhard.

And deserves a solid goodbye because he acted like a gentleman, and seemingly loved his country at every turn...

...and politically I wasn’t a fan.

Same with W.

I didn’t much care for the wars and the destruction of Iraq, or the policies for the already rich.

Yet, there are just four living presidents now.

Carter, Clinton, George W., and Obama.

(I don’t much count the current one because I’m not sure who that is).

He will be laid to rest later this week and will be beside his wife and daughter (who never had a chance to live much).

I do recall my grandfather, father and mother not truly caring for the Bush Family, but I have certainly softened towards them...

...from W.’s words at Trump’s inauguration:

“That was some crazy sh*t.”

To Barbara saying “he’s not welcome at my funeral.”

To Senior just flat-out not voting for the man despite the R by his name.

George H.W. also quit the NRA in ‘95 because he knew it was a short-sighted deal that would result in problems.

He only won a single term because his “Read My Lips” ‘lie’ beat him into the ground.

(Remember when a lie was frowned upon?)

Yet, I will watch some of the goodbyes to the former president.

He introduced us to Cheney.

(Not a plus).

He was tangled up in some of the Reagan messes.

He could be a tad ornery...

...but he was a human.

And an American.

And as far as presidents go...

...there are just 4 left.

They deserve to be celebrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie