Too Much Fun

The Leone’s did the homemade pizza for Christmas Eve...

...crushed it.

There was a megaphone.

John started it off with a clean, lame joke about Santa.

About thirty minutes later we ran out of jokes...

...one was more ‘dirty’ than the next.

John’s horse joke made me laugh a few minutes before he even told the punch line. When he hit the punch I was dizzy from laughing.

Didn’t think he’d tell that one.

There was a book of photos of all of us from back in 1974.

Everyone was crying by then.

Carrie’s children and my children and Jim’s son...

...busting on each other.

I pray they stay close.

On Christmas morning, we didn’t get going too early...

...our kids now know that sleep is precious.

The one gal who isn’t sleeping is my old dog, Melky. She’s been getting me out of bed in the middle of the night for about a month now.

Maybe she heard Santa, but I was out there at 3:15, watching her do her thing...

...and I looked up.

At the stars, in the frigid night.

Thinking of God and days flying past, all adding up to a lifetime...

...of hurt and fun and happiness and sadness.

It was cold, and quiet, and I didn’t see a sleigh racing across the sky...

...but I heard and saw plenty...

...to carry me back to bed.

Smiling.

Satisfied.

Now back to the grind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie