One Week to Go!

I saw a little boy at the grocery store.

The kid stood about 3’ tall. He wanted a pack of Oreo’s.

He really wanted them!

It was an ear-piercing scream.

“Santa’s coming!” The kid’s father said.

Silence!

I laughed.

I also felt a pang of sadness...

...there’s no getting my big slobs to behave cause Santa is on the way.

(Gotta’ get me some grandkids like my buddy, Jeff did - don’t see it happening any time soon!)

At least the holiday falls on a Tuesday, right?

Can’t see much going on during the Monday work hours either week.

Yet, I haven’t been shopping either.

Kathy gets everything taken care of in that department, and I’m not all that enamored with braving the crowds.

I’m in charge of all things that deal with food...

...yet, I’m also looking forward to working a little less over the next couple of weeks.

It’s Christmas after all!

The father in the grocery store was a lot like I’d been back in the day.

He bought the package of cookies.

“You have to share them with your sister,” the guy said.

The kid was good with that.

“Is Santa coming?” I asked.

“One more week!” The kid squealed.

Hope he gets everything he wants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie