It Might Be Time

We have had the same Christmas Tree since the boys were young.

It was kind of a pitiful looking thing when it was brand new.

Some 18 years later, well, it’s kinda’ sad.

“Let’s get a new tree,” Kathy said, last year. “Maybe even a real one.”

Sam wasn’t hearing anything about it.

“That’s OUR tree! No way!!”

So, last year at this time we decided to give it a solid effort. When Sam put it in the stand, I actually took some time and opened up the branches a little before the ornaments went on...

.,.unbeknownst to me, Kathy did the same thing.

By the time all the ornaments were on...

...it actually looked really good.

“Go look for the tree,” I said, to Sam on Friday night.

On Saturday morning, I found a couple of pieces stuffed in a closet. When I saw Sam I said, “Get it set up.”

My boys have my mechanical abilities. I watched him struggle to keep it straight in the stand.

“Bring it here,” I said.

It didn’t look right.

“Wait a minute. There’s a piece missing.”

We spent a little while looking around the house.

“Where are the ornaments?”

He shrugged.

“It looks like there is a missing section,” I said. “Tree used to be six feet tall. Now it’s 4.”

“It’s fine,” Sam said. “We aren’t getting a new one!”

What a pathetic freaking operation I’m running around here.

We stood it up.

“Good enough!” Sam said.

I have a sneaking feeling we are going to be overruled, but to tell you the truth, I’m good with it.

It’s got style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie