Everything I Know - Official Release!

My boys are fond of saying:

“Drake is dropping a new record!

I didn’t know much about “Dropping things”!

Yet, I have been writing every day (except for a few months back when I was really, really sad) since...

...hell, about 1975!

I have a lot in the vault!

(So someone dig through if I go face first into a dish of linguine & clams).

But the “drop dates” have come to mean something to me.

I did one for a very faithful reader - Dicci Montaldi - cause she asked me to.

I chose Decenber 06 for my sister Corinne for “Everything I Know” cause I love her!

And I laughed a little because a few people have burrowed their way under my skin for years when it comes to writing:

“Why does it take you so long?”

“I found a spelling error.”

“That’s now what you meant!”

“When’s the next one done?”

“I liked your last one better.”

“You swore too much!”

And that’s always kind of made me laugh because like I once told my beautiful wife:

“I love everything about telling a story...

...but it’s hard!”

And it’s really hard.

Makes you not sleep well.

Hurts your heart.

Makes you feel vulnerable.

“How much do you make?”

Is my least favorite question.

“Half a billion,” I answer.

Then the really great one:

“When I finally get around to writing mine it’ll be a best seller.”

“I hope so,” I answer.

And I do.

“One piece of advice though.”

“What’s that?”

“Keep gnawing at the bone...cause it’s hard. Really f***ng hard!”

And that’s “Everything I Know” about publishing a book.

Happy Birthday, Corinne!

Love Ya’ Big Sis!

I dropped it for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie